The Best Commercial Roofing Contractors in Palm Beach County, FL
Looking for an Experienced and Reliable Commercial Roofing Company in South Florida for your Commercial Roofing needs? Look no further! Our Experienced Florida Commercial Roofers are the best of the best and are fully licensed and insured.
What are the different types Commercial Roofing Systems to use in South Florida?
Most low-slope commercial roofing systems have three principle components:
BUR (Built-Up Roofing) System
A traditional built-up roofing (BUR) system derives its name from the building of a roof on-site using layers of base sheet, interply sheets and cap sheet or other surfacing such as gravel or liquid coating.
Hot asphalt (bitumen) is the bonding and waterproofing agent between layers. BUR is suitable for most low slope roofing applications. The higher the quality of the BUR materials and asphalt used and the greater the number of plies (and separate asphalt moppings), the more superior the roofing system.
APP and SBS modified bitumen
In the 1970s, technological advances in asphalt sciences led to the development of modifiers such as APP (atactic polypropylene)and SBS (styrene-butadiene-styrene) which, when added to unblown (unoxidized) asphalt, impart either plastic (APP) or rubber (SBS) characteristics. These additives provide enhanced performance characteristics to traditional asphalt. When coupled with reinforcements, such as polyester (superior elongation abilities) or fiber glass (high tensile strength), they create high-performance roof membranes.
APP modified bitumen membranes are self-adhering when heated using a roofing torch. SBS modified bitumen membranes can be formulated for torch application, but are more commonly applied using hot asphalt or cold SBS modified bitumen adhesive. The result is a BUR system with significantly enhanced performance capabilities. Continuing improvements in technology have also resulted in self-adhering SBS roof membranes.
When an SBS or APP cap sheet is combined with traditional BUR base sheets and interply sheets, the result is a hybrid roof offering the best of both systems – multiple plies and superior performance and longevity.
All of these commercial roofing systems are excellent choices for industrial, institutional and residential low slope roofing. In choosing, factors such as site access, structural load, finished appearance, desired warranty and performance criteria should all be considered. Your CertainTeed commercial roofing territory manager can help with more information.
Flat Roofs in Florida
- Commercial Flat Roof Experts Florida
- Flat Roof/Commercial Roof Replacement & Repairs South Florida
- Roof leak repair and investigation Palm Beach County
- TPO roofs, single-ply roofing systems, and TPO roof repair
- Thermal Roof Coatings
- Metal Roof Coatings
- Flat Roof Coatings
- Residential Roofing
- PVC roofs, single-ply roofing systems, and PVC roof repair
- Modified Bitumen roof repair or re-roofing
- Rubber roof repair or replacement
- R-panel metal warehouse roofing, repair, and replacement
- Built-up Roofing Systems and Installation
- Tar and gravel roofing, patchwork and roof repair
- Aluminum Flake Roof Coatings
- Thermal Reflective ( Heat Reflecting ) white Cool Roof coating
- TPO Contractor roofing materials. Single ply membrane
- Miami Roof Coatings
- Urethane roof coatings
- Tile Roofs
- Shingle Roofs
- Ceramic – acrylic roof coating systems
- Foam roof repair or replacement
- Energy Star rated single ply Cool Roof certified Contractors
- Miami Commercial Roofing